This document relates to the collection and/or storage of your personal information. TeamHEALTH collects and stores participant personal information, in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles established under the Privacy Act 1998 (Commonwealth) and Northern Territory Information Act. TeamHEALTH treats personal information and sensitive information with respect, and only discloses and/or shares such information when reasonably necessary to do so or otherwise required by law. All documents containing personal or sensitive information are held securely so that only those with appropriate authorisation have access. If you would like more information, TeamHEALTH staff can provide you with a copy of TeamHEALTH's Privacy, Dignity and Confidentiality Policy and Procedure.
TeamHEALTH is committed to keeping all of its participant’s personal information and details confidential where possible.
However there are times when this is not possible, these times are:
- If a participant is at risk of harming themselves or someone else or where there is any indication of Family Violence or a threat to the safety of children, the proper authorities will have to be notified. This is required by legislation under the Mental Health Act 2014, the Domestic and Family Violence Act 2009 and the Care and Protection of Children Act 2007 respectively.
- A Reportable Incident occurs as per NDIS Quality and Safeguard Commission Requirements.
- A Reportable Incident or Reportable Assault occurs (or there are suspicions or allegations of reportable assaults) or there is an Unexplained Absence as per the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission requirements.
- A Reportable Incident occurs as per the National Standards for Mental Health Services and the service agreement requirements.
- All TeamHEALTH staff have formal discussions with co-workers on a regular basis around best practice. During these discussions there may be times when personal details are disclosed and/or identified for the purposes of improved service delivery.
- Subpoenaed files, there is always a possibility that files may be subpoenaed by a Court of law.
- As part of TeamHEALTH’s risk management process your file may be selected for audit to ensure quality and regulatory compliance.
Participants will always be informed where possible before any information is released to any other agency or department. Consent for release of information will be sought for any purpose other than that listed above.
By accessing the website at https://www.teamhealth.asn.au/, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on TeamHEALTH's website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on TeamHEALTH's website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by TeamHEALTH at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on TeamHEALTH's website are provided on an 'as is' basis. TeamHEALTH makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, TeamHEALTH does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall TeamHEALTH or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on TeamHEALTH's website, even if TeamHEALTH or a TeamHEALTH authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on TeamHEALTH's website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. TeamHEALTH does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. TeamHEALTH may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However TeamHEALTH does not make any commitment to update the materials.
TeamHEALTH has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by TeamHEALTH of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user's own risk.
TeamHEALTH may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Western Australia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.
Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.