Child and Family Wellbeing
Our Child and Family Wellbeing team work with children aged 0 to 18 years old, who are showing early signs of, or are at risk of developing a mental illness. Working with a young person’s family members and/or other significant adult, TeamHEALTH listen to each story to fully understand a family’s situation and needs so that we can help work to strengthen the family unit and build a safe and nurturing environment.
We provide practical outreach supports that are flexible and personalised to the needs of the young person and their family. We work collaboratively with families, carer givers, schools and other supports to assist with mental health concerns.
Types of Support include:
- Short term for up to 6 weeks, with information and referrals to other services as required
- Long term, more intensive supports are tailored to each family’s needs
- Case management and support for young people and their families
- Creating a family action plan to achieve identified goals
- Education and workshops for children, young people and their families about mental health, wellbeing and strengthening community connections
- Participate alongside other families in a range of events
- Community engagement including educational, school-based workshops and community group sessions
Our Child and Family Wellbeing program can be found in Palmerston, Katherine and Gunbalanya.
Call us if you wish to discuss this service in more detail or simply complete and submit the below referral form.
(Please note that you will be able to access an editable PDF through Google Chrome or Explorer browsers.)