The Papaya Sub Acute Care program is a short term supported accommodation for adults aged 18 to 64 years old for a period of 8 to 12 weeks. The team provide intensive support services to people who are becoming unwell or who have recently been discharged from hospital. The focus of Papaya is to deliver support for people living in the urban and rural areas of Darwin.
Types of Support include:
- Connection with primary health care and other service providers
- Working towards independently managing medication
- Educational programs provided by TeamHEALTH and other service providers
- Participants are supported to take part in daily activities such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, and looking after their personal care, to gain confidence and skills needed to live independently in the community
- Support and encourage wellbeing and fitness through preferred activities
- Participation in the community such as meeting new people and social outings
- Support in applying for an NDIS plan
This service is located close to shops, cafes and public transport and to participate in this program, it is a requirement that people work with an allocated Case Manager from Top End Mental Health Services (TEMHS).
For further information about this service please contact TeamHEALTH online, by email or phone 1300 780 081.